Short answer mexican restaurants london:
Mexican restaurants in London offer a variety of authentic and fusion dishes. Some notable options include Wahaca, Benito’s Hat, Barrio, and DF/Mexico. These restaurants are popular for their vibrant atmosphere and delicious food.
The Top Mexican Restaurants in London: Our Ultimate List
London is a melting pot of cultures and cuisines, but the one that arguably stands out the most is Mexican cuisine. With its bold flavors, fresh ingredients, and colorful dishes, Mexican food has gained popularity in recent years with more and more restaurants opening up across the city. To help you navigate this culinary landscape, we have put together a list of the top Mexican restaurants in London.
1. Wahaca: Known for its small plates, street food-inspired dishes, and vibrant decor, Wahaca has become a staple restaurant for Mexican cuisine lovers. Their menu features classics such as tacos al pastor and churros as well as unique dishes including black bean tamales and spicy chorizo quesadillas. The restaurant also boasts an impressive cocktail menu that uses tequila and mezcal as their main spirit.
2. DF/Mexico: Located in Shoreditch and Tottenham Court Road, DF/Mexico offers modern takes on traditional Mexican dishes whilst utilizing locally sourced ingredients. Their standout dish is their signature ‘crack sauce’ which accompanies many of their dishes including grilled chicken burritos and cheesy chorizo potatoes.
3. Santo Remedio: This Michelin Guide recommended restaurant provides authentic Mexican flavors to London’s Bermondsey area via elaborate experimentation with spices wrapped up within classic tacos or tortas (Mexican sandwiches). Chef Edson Diaz-Fuentes defies people’s expectation by incorporating local seafood into most dishes on his taco tasting menus.
4. El Pastor: A venture from founders of popular Soho pub The Anchor & Hope alongside James Elliot formerly of Pitt Cue who create epic marinated meats served with homemade corn tortillas based around 1930s family recipe passed down onto two generation led by founders Sam Hart & Crispin Somerville.
5. Temper Covent Garden: Tucked away in a quiet corner inside Covent garden sits live-firing grill called temper that’s revolutionizing barbeque culture despite fierce competition. Nominated for Foodiest restaurant in this year’s London Restaurant Festival Awards, temper doesn’t disappoint in terms of offering tasty and sumptuous tacos with exquisitely-matched cocktails to each dish.
6. Breddos Tacos: Originating from former rabble-rousing food truck on Haggerston’s High Street back in 2012, where co-founders Nud Lubak & Chris Whitney hustled a name for themselves by showcasing the best of Mexico City street food joints they discovered during long trips to Latin America plus spices they sourced all around London.
7. Casa Morita: For an authentic experience, you can visit Casa Morita – located in Brixton – which also offers Mexican brunch on weekends. Co-founder Chef Lizette Muniz opens up about her philosophy focusing more on creating diverse cultural mix of flavors found throughout Mexico instead of just being “spicy.”
8. Chilango: Probably the most commonly encountered Mexican chain across London’s streets now known for its flavor-packed tacos to burritos and crispy Mexicano salads sold at
Your Go-To Guide for Mexican Restaurants in London: Frequently Asked Questions
Are you a fan of Mexican food and looking for the best restaurants in London to satisfy your cravings? Well, look no further because we’ve got you covered! In this guide, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Mexican cuisine and recommend some of the finest Mexican restaurants in London.
1. What is Mexican Cuisine?
Mexican cuisine is one of the most popular and beloved cuisines around the world. It is known for its vibrant colors, bold flavors, and unique spices. Common ingredients used in Mexican dishes include corn, beans, rice, tomatoes, chili peppers, and a variety of herbs.
2. What are Some Traditional Mexican Dishes?
Some traditional Mexican dishes include:
– Tacos: Corn or flour tortillas filled with various ingredients such as beef, chicken, pork or vegetables.
– Enchiladas: Rolled corn tortillas filled with meat or cheese topped with spicy tomato sauce.
– Quesadillas: Flour or corn tortillas filled with cheese (and sometimes other ingredients) then toasted until crispy.
– Guacamole: A dip made from mashed avocado blended with onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro lime juice and salt.
– Fajitas: Grilled strips of beef or chicken served on a sizzling platter alongside bell peppers and onions.
3. Where Can I Find Authentic Mexican Food in London?
London has plenty of authentic Mexican restaurants that serve traditional dishes as well as modern variations on classic recipes. Here are some top picks:
– Taqueria (Notting Hill)
– Wahaca (Multiple Locations)
– Mestizo (Euston Square)
– DF / Mexico (Multiple Locations)
– Chilango (Multiple Locations)
4. Are There Any Vegetarian/Vegan Options Available at Mexican Restaurants?
Yes! Many traditional Mexican dishes use a variety of vegetables such as beans, peppers and squash meaning they can easily be adapted to suit vegetarian diets. Many restaurants also offer vegan options or can adapt dishes to suit a vegan-friendly diet.
5. What Drinks Should I Pair with Mexican Food?
Mexican cuisine lends itself perfectly to a variety of beverages. Here are some recommendations:
– Margaritas: A classic cocktail made with tequila, lime juice, and triple sec.
– Tequila Shots: Served with salt and lime as a traditional accompaniment.
– Micheladas: Beer served in a glass rimmed with chili powder, then topped up with tomato juice and spices for the perfect tangy drink.
– Horchata: A sweet rice-based beverage flavoured with cinnamon.
In conclusion, whether you’re an avid fan of Mexican food or just starting to explore this delicious cuisine, London has plenty of fantastic options to tantalize your taste buds! Follow our guide and enjoy your next Mexican culinary adventure.
From Authentic to Contemporary: Exploring the Delights of Mexican Cuisine at London’s Top Restaurants
London has always been known for its diverse culinary landscape and it’s no surprise that Mexican cuisine has taken the capital by storm over recent years. But with so many great options available, how do you know where to start? From traditional to modern, we’ve explored some of the best Mexican restaurants in London that cater to all types of foodies.
Let’s begin with the authentic. Mestizo in Euston is a charming little spot with a warm atmosphere that boasts an extensive menu filled with traditional Mexican dishes like tacos al pastor, chile relleno and mole poblano. The restaurant also offers unique specials such as corn smut quesadillas, which are not commonly found in other establishments around London. And for tequila lovers, Mestizo has an impressive selection of over 200 tequilas and mezcals that can be paired perfectly with your meal.
If you’re searching for contemporary takes on your favourite Mexican dishes then Santo Remedio is a must-visit destination. Located in Shoreditch, this restaurant reinvents classic plates such as tacos and ceviche giving them a new lease of life; their signature dishes include soft shell crab tacos and octopus ceviche served alongside smoked avocado mousse. The interior is stylish yet cosy featuring bright murals, neon lighting and eye-catching tiles which transport you straight to Mexico.
Looking for something casual but still authentic? Well then head down to Wahaca – founded by Masterchef winner Thomasina Miers – which has multiple locations across London including Covent Garden and Soho. Their funky colourful interiors provide an uplifting vibe while small sharing plates allow customers to sample different flavours from all regions of Mexico at reasonable prices.
The talented folk at El Pastor (based in Borough Market) have created a cult following base upon their famous handmade tortillas – slow-cooked meats wrapped up fresh there on site – roasted on open flames – making any taco or quesadilla a one-of-a-kind experience. El Pastor’s interior alludes to Mexico City vibes in London with bright graphics and playful colours that you can’t miss.
Finally, for those who prefer the finer things in life, Ella Canta – the haute Mexican cuisine restaurant situated at Park Lane offers a tantalising combination of contemporary food with heritage. The colourful creations are curated by celebrity chef Martha Ortiz and marry together perfectly crafted dishes of slow cooked meat, fresh ceviche’s and innovative antojitos (Mexican tapas) prepared using indigenous ingredients. Get dressed up for an excitable night amongst fellow social enthusiasts.
Whether you’re after authentic traditional plates or modern progressive takes on them – specially redesigned for refined delicacies, Lima’s finest restaurants will leave your taste buds satisfied and pleasantly surprised; make sure to explore these highly rated eateries providing a harmonious blend between immersing yourself in a culture while remaining within the bustling heart of London.